Radiology / Interventional Radiology / Nuclear Medicine
In today's ever-changing medical environment, imaging of the body has become a routine diagnostic procedure. The same cannot be said for the level of technology found in many of the healthcare facilities. The University Hospital Zurich is on the forefront of innovative technology and diagnostic processes. Our ultrasounds, CTs, MRIs and open MRI offer the best pictures and data available today. In addition, we also nuclear medicine and angiography services.
Summary of offered services:
- Computed tomography scanning (CT)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) - giving a detailed picture of the bile ducts
- PET-Scan: this sensitive and specific method is very useful for the assessment of the extension of the tumor within the liver and also outside the liver. This is a novel diagnostic tool used to diagnose extrahepatic disease in all the patients with liver tumor before the surgery is indicated.
- 3-D Reconstructions with virtual operation planning
- Volumetrie of the Liver for secure liver resecetions